Friday, August 5, 2011

One down, many to go

I've finished the illustration that I was working on. I posted the un-inked pencils for it here a few days ago. I finished it up last night, and I have posted it in several other places, but I'll go ahead and post it here as well:


if this is too small, you can go to my deviantart profile to see a larger, more detailed image, http://paulzuzust.deviantart.com/

This was done a favor to a friend who had asked me to design a tattoo for her. The idea is that the skull would be on the back of her hand, and the vertebra would go up her forearm. As usual, I procrastinated for a while and then just went and got it done. Now I just need to get my hands on some paying work.

One of the big problems that I have is self promotion. I have this very bizarre selective shyness; I can talk to anyone as long as I'm not trying to promote myself. However, once they actually ask about me I won't shut up, so I guess the trick is to figure out how to get people to actually ask about me. so I'll go ahead and ask for some help here. if you know of anyone who might like my artwork, please send them over to my deviant art profile. Equally, if you know of someone who is looking for affordable video production, direct them to http://vimeo.com/user4530508. This is where they will find a collection of local commercials that I have created.

Now I need to get to work on another illustration. I also have a video project that I need to stop thinking about and just start doing. My propensity for over thinking things instead of just jumping in and getting to work will be a subject for another blog. For now, I'll end this one here as it really seems to just want to meander.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am a fan of this genre art, and this piece blows me away! As for being a tattoo it would look wicked as you described on the hand and arm.

    If the Lady of Fortune ever favors me with some free mad money I will have to hit you up for an original pen and ink sometime. I am a friend of your wife's on Facebook, Dalene Key. I will definitely send people your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dalene, I'm glad you like it. Please feel free to friend me on Facebook as well if you would like. And please do send people my way, that would be awesome. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete